Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How can it be?


My Anna turned five years old today. How can it be? Five years has gone by way too fast but fun nonetheless. We have made it this far with only one broken arm and one tooth knocked out after a short dancing career. We love our Anna. She has always been so compassionate and is always ready with a hug when I am having a bad day.

Anna wanted a princess castle cake and she was very specific about the design details. (Future architect?) Purple icing with pink windows of course! I did my best and must say it passed her inspection. Definitely the best princess castle cake I have ever made. Okay, okay, the only princess castle cake I have ever made. Happy Birthday my sweet Anna!
(A couple people asked how I made the cake. I used a 9x13 pan for the bottom and then a circle pan for the top layer with a cupcake on the very top. The sugar ice cream cones are easy to find at the grocery store and then I used wooden skewer through the tops to hold the cake together. I microwaved Starburst candy for 11 seconds so I could flatten them easily and cut them into pennant shapes or used a small heart cookie cutter for shape. Not hard to make at all.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Anna! We love you! Missy-the cake looks awesome!~ Shawn, Krystal, Addison, & Happy

Colton Anne said...

Happy Birthday Anna! And impressive Melissa!! :)