Sunday, October 19, 2008

What would you do with an extra $100?

Hi, my name is Melissa and I am addicted to fabric.
Okay not really so much addicted, but I if I had an extra $100 for just myself, I would probably buy fabric. I know many of us don't know what having an extra $100 is like, including myself, but what would you do with it? Don't think about your unpaid bills or the clothes your child is outgrowing. Think about what you would buy just for yourself.

My husband and I were out enjoying a dinner alone the other night thanks to my mom and dad visiting. Gordon mentioned how a co-worker had some money problems due to his wife's fancy taste in purses. I couldn't really relate to a collection of expensive purses or shoes but then we talked about what we would buy a lot of if we had the money to do so. I was really surprised by my husband's answer but good to know none the less. He doesn't like to shop at all so when he said he would buy really good shoes, I was shocked!

Some of you may even share my love for fabric. There are some really neat, unique fabrics out there that I can't find at my local fabric store. Amy Butler and Michael Miller are just a few of my favorites. So until my boat comes in I will just take my coupon for 40% off up the street to Jo-Ann's.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

I would probably buy some church books or may a couple CDs.