Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall jackets


I finally finished sewing Megan's fall jacket. I finished Anna's awhile back but wasn't able to get Megan's done until last week. I had bought the fleece fabric at the same time in different colors when it was on sale. So Megan knew that she was getting a jacket eventually in the green fleece. She even resorted to wearing the unsewn fabric around the house saying "my jacket, my jacket". It was a subtle hint to her Mommy to sew her a jacket too.


I found the pattern on Ebay (Butterick 4908), unfortunately it has been discontinued. My mother-in-law, Dianne, helped me scale down the pattern for Megan's size. Overall a good sewing project and easier the second time. It has a good-sized hood and fun pockets for little hands. So cute or maybe it is just the cute girls!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The jackets look warm and comfy. I have an old fleece jacket that I love so much that I wear it around the house when it gets chilly. Mine is not as cute and I sure didn't make it! The girls are so sweet and I bet they're proud of their mama! ~Krystal

Miss L said...

Look at how super talented you are! I would have never even thought to make my kids their own jackets! You go, girl!!!!

Steph said...

Very nice!!

Colton Anne said...

Wow! I'm impressed! And yes...the girls are way cute, whether in the jackets or not!! :)

ramblin said...

Surely it's the cute girls! We're only one post into your blog, and already can't get enough!