Monday, December 22, 2008

"Mommy, my finger is stuck!"

These are the words I heard this afternoon from my Megan after I had put her down for a nap. Without seeing why her finger was stuck and in what, many thoughts went through my head as I headed to her room. As many of us know, a child's finger can fit into many things and get stuck. A nose, a door, an electrical socket are just to name a few. So I open Megan's bedroom door to find her sitting up in bed crying because her finger has become stuck in her hair to the point that it was cutting off circulation. She has a bad habit of sucking her thumb with one hand and twirling her hair with the other. Sometimes like today, there is a little too much twirling and the hair gets wrapped so tight that I have to cut her hair to free her finger! I doubt she has learned her lesson today but she may run out of hair before she gives up the habit!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Ouch!!

Marci said...

Melissa, this is such a cute and funny story! Megan is such a darling little girl with all of those curls!

Claresa Dea said...

Oh, poor Megan!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!!! I told my family about your story and they got a kick out of it!

Heather said...

That's hilarious! I can picture what it looks like in my head, but next time you hear those words, please take the camera in with you!

Colton Anne said...

How funny is that!? Poor girl, but it's that great curly hair of hers that is so cute!! :)