Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday Favorites


I think we all have a favorite Christmas time treat. The kind of goodie that only comes out once a year. But because it only comes out once a year, that makes it all the more special and even more tastier because you can't get it anytime you crave it. So just in case you don't already know about these two, I will show you a picture and tell you where to get them.

The chocolate oranges are fun too. You whack them on a hard surface so that they break into individual slices inside the wrapper. I found them at Target but if you live near me, I may have bought the last of the milk chocolate flavor. My sweet husband found some more for me at the CVS Pharmacy because I am giving them out as gifts to Anna's teachers. "'Orange' I glad your my teacher."

The peanut brittle is the perfect consistency and has lots of peanuts. The brand is Old Dominion and I bought it at the Wonder bread Hostess outlet store, of all places. I like Peanut Brittle but it is one of those things I would rather buy than make from scratch.

So there you have it and if you haven't tried them yet, your time is running out!

1 comment:

ramblin said...

Jess and I are going to the Hostess outlet this week in pursuit of that brittle. Even though we don't eat sugar. Okay, even though we try and not eat too much sugar. Okay I bought Little Debbie chocolate caramel bars last nights. The flesh is weak.