Friday, October 15, 2010

A re-do


I was able to check off a couple things from my to-do list this past week. I bought a couple of chairs off of Craigslist for $10 each. They add a few more seats in our already small living room. I did not like the outdated fabric so I decided to give slipcovers a try. With my sewing skills and a few books I thought I could figure it out. I finished them but not without a few curses of frustration along the way. I took out many of the seams out at least twice too. I cut off the original skirt of the chair and then painted the legs black. I am just glad to check them off the to-do list, they were definitely a challenge.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Way to go Melissa! Slip covering scares me to death. I just don't think I have the will-power for it. You did a great job. Your little man is so darling!!