Monday, February 23, 2009

See Anna Read

We have a new reader in the house! Anna has recognized small words for a while but it is all coming together now and she loves to read. For most of us it is hard to imagine a time in our lives when we couldn't read. Anna is our firstborn so it is so fun to see her discover reading and make sense of it all. To think, all those alphabet letters make words that actually describe a person, or a place, or an experience. It is a whole new world and she feels so good about it! (Thanks for the book Carrie.)

1 comment:

Screwed Up Texan said...

I've been looking for this book for a while. I once saw it at Walmart, but that was a couple years ago. It would be perfect for my six-year-old. Perhaps on one of my garage saling excursions I will finally find it again (you'd be amazed at what I can find at a garage sale). Vintage books relay a certain teachability that is not found in a lot of books today...or maybe I just think that b/c I am biased. :)