Friday, March 11, 2011

Pride in ownership




I don't think I ever posted a final picture of the front porch addition. Some of you have already seen it in person and some have just not seen it in its completed beauty. My dad and I built this together with no prior deck building experience. We both did our research and asked a couple professionals for advice but otherwise we did it with our own hands. It adds so much to the house.
Sandra over at Sawdust and Paper Scraps is highlighting safety gear that goes along with projects like these. I'd rather you admire the beauty of the porch but she wants to see some safety gear pictures out here in the blogosphere. Here's mine, nothing fancy and pretty basic~The gloves use to be for gardening but the fingertips wore out and I needed some woodworking gloves anyway.

Speaking of which, why isn't safety gear a little prettier? There seems to be a lot women building out there so where can we buy the girlie stuff? I'm not talking ruffles and lace but maybe a little pink or pretty colors wouldn't hurt.


3 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

Hi, I didn't understand your comment. You tried to link up to the party but you couldn't select a picture?

If you could email me directly I can try to help you.
:-) Sandra

Sawdust Girl said...

OK, now that I'm paying attention... Wow, you built that deck? That's awesome! Great for you and I'm glad to see that you were wearing your safety gear. ;-) haha

Colton Anne said...

Very impressive!! You guys should start a business!