Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pass the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Please, It's My Birthday!


Dear Megan, You are 3 years old today! Happy Birthday sweet girl! For your birthday dinner you asked for Macaroni and Cheese, red jello, broccoli, and chocolate cake with chocolate icing (definitely my daughter when it comes to the cake part). I can't stand Macaroni and Cheese from a box but a birthday wish is a birthday wish.

I can't believe you have been mine for 3 years already. I love your silly songs about ravioli and spoons. Your curly hair is way out of control most of the time but strangers will stop us in the store to say how much they love your curls. I love them too, but from my own experience I know that someday you will want your sister's straight hair. You will always be a middle child and your sister is bossy but you know how to hold your own. You give great hugs and kisses. I love how you marvel at your own swiftness as you run down the sidewalk but always rush back to hold my hand. Sounds like a good analogy for life. Be your best friend and don't let anyone tell you what you can't do, but don't forget to come back to me once and awhile.


Love, Mom

4 comments:

Miss L said...

...and pass a tissue while you're at it. That totally made me tear up, Melissa. Sweet post. Sweet girl! Congratulations, and Happy Birthday, Megan!

Steph said...

Happy birthday cutie!!

Colton Anne said...

What a sweet letter to Megan and I can't believe she's 3! Time flies!!

Andrea Olsen said...

She's getting SO big! I remember when she was a baby!