Monday, May 18, 2009

How Sweet It Is


I barely got this picture before the strawberry was eaten. I know the first strawberry of the season would have been more symbolic but that one is long gone and was eaten before I had a chance to take a picture of it. We planted about 20 plants last year and this is the first year for them to bare fruit. They are the sweetest, best tasting strawberries I have ever had! Store-bought does not even compare to how sweet they are and how red they are inside. If you have never had a fresh strawberry, let me tell you, you are missing out. If you are in the neighborhood, stop by, you might get lucky and taste one. But you might have to fight a couple cute little girls for them.

2 comments:

Steph said...

What kind did you end up planting? We are going to be putting in a strawberry patch this year.

mshaw said...

We ordered them as bare roots from a company called Michigan Bulb. I think they are the ever-bearing kind.